Medical Advice & General Tips
Find information on how to access medical advice, tips regarding appointments with any of our providers, and guidance on where to go when having an appointment.
A nurse is available for simple medical questions or advice during the day.
- Call 650.498.2336 and ask for the advice nurse, M–F from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., during the regular academic year and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the summer quarter, spring break and winter break.
- You can access your regular health care provider through the VadenPatient portal for routine questions and advice, medication refills, or the follow-up questions to a visit that are not urgent. These messages are not routinely checked on weekends, evening, holidays or if the clinician is not in the clinic that day.
- Please check in 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are late, you may have to reschedule if other students are being served.
- Appointment times allow for about 15 minutes with the provider. If you think you may need a longer appointment, please call for our staff to assist you rather than trying to book two appointments.
- Some appointments have a questionnaire for you to complete over the web. You can access this on the VadenPatient portal.
- Please bring your insurance card to your appointment in case you need it for services that are not covered under the Health Fee.
- If you can’t make your appointment, please cancel so the time slot will become available to another student. You can cancel at any time on the VadenPatient portal.
Where to Go
If you have an appointment, check in at the kiosk at the reception desk in the main lobby and you will be directed to your appointment. If you need to make an appointment, our staff will help you.