Other Common Citations
Main content start
Below are common reasons for students to have received citations on campus.
- Providing any alcoholic beverage to a person under 21 or to any obviously intoxicated person
- Being under the influence of alcohol in a public place and unable to exercise care for one's own safety or that of others
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants or with a blood alcohol level of .08% or higher
- Having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle
For minors (Under 21 in California):
- For any person under the age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle with any amount of alcohol in their system
- Having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and for persons under 21 to drive a vehicle carrying alcohol or to possess alcohol while in a motor vehicle
- For persons under 21 to have any container of alcohol in any public place or any place open to the public
- For any person under age 21 to purchase alcohol
- Having in one's possession or to use false evidence of age and identity to purchase alcohol
For more info, please refer to the California Penal Code.