Specialists on Site
Access information about specialists who have a focus on dermatology, eating disorders, optometry services, physical therapy, and sports medicine.
Joanna Badger, M.D., a Stanford dermatologist, sees patients at Vaden most Thursday afternoons. Appointments can be scheduled through the Stanford Medicine Outpatient Center in Redwood City. Please specify if you prefer to see the dermatologist at Vaden versus Redwood City.
All visits are billed to your health insurance: There is a $25 co-pay if you are enrolled in Cardinal Care; other insurance coverage may vary.
The Eating Disorders Specialty Clinic: A physician/dietitian team from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH) provides medical assessments and ongoing monitoring and support for eating disorders and related health issues. The LPCH specialists are Cynthia Kapphahn, M.D. and Samara Pattiasina, R.D.
- When: Wednesday mornings
- Where: Vaden Health Center and additional days at their clinic in Sunnyvale
- Cost: Visits are billed to your health insurance. There is a $25 co-pay if you are enrolled in Cardinal Care; other insurance coverage may vary.
- Who: Contact the Packard Children’s Hospital Young Adult Clinic.
- If you have trouble accessing these services, contact Robyn Tepper, M.D. through the VadenPatient portal.
Optometry services, including routine eye exams and contact lens fittings, are offered at Vaden. For students enrolled in Cardinal Care, a referral is no longer required to schedule the annual eye exam. Students can call the Byers Eye Institute at Stanford directly to schedule an appointment at 650.723.6995. Please let them know if you prefer to be seen at Vaden Health Center.
- If you have Cardinal Care, you are entitled to one eye exam per year. The co-pay is $25. Costs may vary for other insurance plans.
MORE Physical Therapy Inc. provides individualized treatment programs emphasizing hands-on care, education, and an active partnership with the patient. Established in 1988, MORE has multiple locations in the South San Francisco Bay Area and Peninsula, and has been providing care to Stanford students since 2010. MORE clinicians apply an innovative and personalized treatment philosophy to return patients to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible.