MORE Physical Therapy Inc. provides individualized treatment programs emphasizing hands-on care, education, and an active partnership with the patient. Established in 1988, MORE has multiple locations in the South San Francisco Bay Area and Peninsula, and has been providing care to Stanford students since 2010. MORE clinicians apply an innovative and personalized treatment philosophy to return patients to their desired level of activity as quickly as possible.
Our Services Include
- State-of-the-art manual therapy.
- Education in mechanism of injury, wellness, and injury prevention.
- Various modalities (ultrasound, iontophoresis, light therapy, electrical stimulation, biofeedback, hot and cold therapies) to increase mobility and to reduce pain and swelling.
- Instruction in postural control and exercise.
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation.
- Ergonomic evaluation and education.
- Back school.
- Personalized independent exercise programs.
Physical therapy is not covered by the Campus Health Service Fee; however, most insurance plans are accepted.
How We Treat & Provide Care
The initial visit begins with a history of your injury or condition and how it affects your life, a review of your general health and activity level, and a discussion of your goals for therapy. The therapist then evaluates the area of your body involved to determine the nature of the issue and any factors that may have contributed to it. This evaluation may include mobility assessment, strength assessment, neurological testing, joint mobility assessment, and other tests.
Following the evaluation, you will receive treatment aimed at the source of your injury/condition. Treatment generally includes hands-on care as well as exercises to improve mobility and strength.
MORE's clinicians emphasize patient involvement in the recovery process and believe that home exercise and stretching programs, as well as education regarding self-care, injury prevention, body mechanics, posture, and ergonomic factors, are important elements of the recovery process.
For an appointment, call 650.723.3195.