Dental & Vision Insurance Options
Cardinal Care Dental Benefits
Cardinal Care includes dental benefits administered by Delta Dental of California. You may visit any licensed dentist under this plan, but maximum value will be acheived by choosing a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
- Diagnostic and preventive services at 100% when care is provided by a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
- Basic services (such as fillings and simple extractions) at 80% when care is provided by a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
- Other basic services (such as endodontics, periodontics, and oral surgery) at 80% when care is provided by a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
A $25 deductible per year applies to basic services and the maximum benefit (when a Delta Dental PPO dentist is used) is $1,000 per calendar year.
Non Delta Dental network care provided by a licensed dentist is also covered, but at a less rich level of benefits: $50 deductible, coverage at 50%, and a maximum benefit of $750 per calendar year. For further information about Cardinal Care's dental benefits, please visit the Delta Dental website.
- Please note that Cardinal Care medical benefits (through Health Net) cover an initial visit to a provider for injury to natural, sound teeth.
Cardinal Care Vision Benefits
Cardinal Care covers one annual eye examination. For students enrolled in Cardinal Care, a referral is not required to schedule the annual eye exam. By scheduling the exam with a Health Net EPO provider, students enrolled in Cardinal Care will pay the $35.00 copay, and Cardinal Care will cover the remainder of the allowable annual eye exam fee.
Health Net EPO Providers
- See list of Health Net EPO providers within 3 miles of campus. Access download
- Students wishing to see a Health Net EPO provider outside the Palo Alto area can search for an Optometrist or Opthalmologist using the instructions below:
- Log in
- Select a location using address, city, county, state. If using address or zip code, be sure to select a mileage radius for the search
- Use the drop down menu on Filter by type of Plan/Network and select Stanford Student EPO
- Select Continue
- Select Doctors on Provider Screen
- Select Filter Doctors by Specialty
- From there, select Optometrist and/or Opthalmology
- Once selection is made, the number of doctors will update and you will see the list of providers.
- Options that allow saving, printing, emailing or exporting the information will display.
Students who have questions should submit a Help Ticket to the Health Insurance and Referral Office via ServiceNow.