Eating & Body Concerns Resources
Main content start
These resources investigate the relationship between the food we eat and good health. They also address how ineffective diets and body image disparagement can lead to serious health problems.
- ED Concerns Trifold: How to help a friend
- Clinical Services: Seeing a Specialist
- HBI Consortium: The mission of the Stanford Healthy Body Image Consortium is to create a university-wide healthy eating and body image environment that prevents the onset and replace of eating disorders, Facilitates treatment for students with eating disorders, & Fosters a positive culture for all students to enjoy health, wellness, and a positive body image.
- RD&E: R&DE Stanford Dining offers a variety of plant-forward options in every dining hall, daily. All vegetarian and vegan options are clearly labeled (V = Vegetarian, VGN = Vegan). Our menus are typically about 80% vegetarian and over 50% vegan, offering a wide range of healthful plant-based options including soy, beans, lentils, whole grains, nuts and seeds. R&DE Stanford Dining has been awarded an A+ rating for vegan dining by Peta(2). We have a Vegan and Plant Forward Sous Chef who specialize in developing new plant-forward recipes and enhancing the vegan dining experience for Stanford University Students
- Well-Being: We are here to empower individuals and communities to flourish through education, connection and positive culture change.
General Nutrition, Vegetarian Diets, Cooking Tips
- Eat Right: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- U.S. Government Nutrition Site
- Ask the Dietitian: An advice site with a dietitian on-line.
- Cooking Light Magazine
- Campus Cooking: Offering recipes for college students.
- Vegetarian Resource Group: Offers news, recipes, information, and discussion boards related to vegetarianism and other topics.
- Vegetarian Times Magazine
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: Nutrition Action Healthletter
- The Kitchn: Interesting ideas for cooking and entertaining.
- Harvard School of Public Health Meal planning
- Advice for increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables Oldways: Nutrition through heritage and the Whole Grains Council
Body Image and Disordered Eating
- About-Face: Dedicated to media literacy.
- Body Positive Site: Dedicated to fostering self-esteem and a positive relationship to food and our bodies.
- Gurze Books: Offers resources on eating disorders.
- The National Eating Disorders Association: Information on the origins, prevention and treatment of eating disorders.
- American Psychological Association: Information on the treatment of eating disorders.
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center: It is difficult to watch a friend or loved one struggle with disordered eating. You may want to help but don’t know how.
The Well-Being at Stanford Health Library
Located on the ground floor of Kingscote Gardens, carries books on body image, healthy eating, intuitive eating, prevention and treatment of eating disorders, and related topics to help you to thrive at Stanford. Students may borrow books for two-week, renewable loans.
- Note: Well-Being at Stanford does not endorse or monitor information contained in the links above, and they are provided solely as an additional outside resource.