What CST Offers
The Confidential Support Team (CST) offers free and confidential support to Stanford students impacted by sexual assault and relationship violence, including domestic abuse, intimate partner abuse, stalking, and sexual or gender-based harassment and discrimination. CST can provide information about rights and reporting options, information about and help connecting with other resources on and off campus, brief emotional support, and ongoing individual counseling or therapy.
Appointments are intended to provide confidential support for students who have experienced violence as well as those who wish to help another survivor. CST also works with students who have been accused of these actions to help them understand their rights and options and provide emotional support and connection to appropriate resources. The CST is staffed by licensed psychologists and a licensed clinical social worker. There is no charge for Stanford students.
- Same day appointments are available for urgent needs. Our latest appointment slots are generally at 4:00pm to ensure that a student’s needs are met before the end of CST office hours.
Who can be seen at CST?
Most commonly, CST supports students seeking information or help with distress related to sexual, intimate partner, gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination:
- that occurred during time as a Stanford student or as a participant in a Stanford summer program or other affiliated program; or
- that occurred while in another student or similar role (e.g., graduate student who was assaulted during undergrad); or
- that is exacerbated by campus-based factors (e.g., coursework, climate, media related to sexual assault).
CST also supports
- students named as respondents in a Title IX or police investigation, accused of perpetrating violence by peers where there is no Title IX involvement, or self-identifying non-consensual sexual acts;
- students or other community members seeking information or support related to secondary trauma or supporting another survivor;
- non-students who experience sexual or relationship violence on Stanford campus;
- faculty and staff with questions about reporting obligations or other aspects of supporting impacted students.
Students seeking support with other forms of traumatic experience or similar concerns are welcome to schedule an initial consultation to determine whether CST is the best fit and/or receive help in connecting with other trauma-informed resources and providers.
If you are concerned that someone involved in your situation may also be seen at CST, please let us know so that we can consider this in scheduling your appointment.