About Medical Services
Medical Services is your first stop for the diagnosis and treatment of illness, injury, and ongoing conditions, as well as for preventive counseling and education. Our dedicated and professional clinicians provide a full range of care, from screening tests to medical emergencies. Most of our services are covered for students who have paid the Campus Health Service Fee. For some services fees may apply. We offer
- General medical appointments: we offer a full range of services including phone and video visits.
- Laboratory tests and X-ray services.
- Medical advice for routine concerns during clinic hours; advice for urgent conditions from our on-call physician.
- Referrals to specialists, primarily at Stanford Hospital & Clinics.
- Allergy injections and immunizations.
- Physical exams for employment and scholarships.
Staff: Our medical staff includes Board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants as well as nurses with specialized skills including travel health and wound care.
Hours: Book online or call (especially if you have an urgent concern) to schedule a weekday appointment. On weekends or holidays, call the same day for urgent care. See operating hours for details.
Phone: 650-498-2336, Ext. 1
Visit the VadenPatient portal to make an appointment.
A nurse is available for simple medical questions or advice during the day.
- Call 650-498-2336 and ask for the advice nurse, M–F from 8:30 am to 5 pm, during the regular academic year and 9 am to 5 pm during the summer quarter, spring break and winter break.
- You can access your regular health care provider through the VadenPatient portal for routine questions and advice, medication refills, or the follow-up questions to a visit that are not urgent. These messages are not routinely checked on weekends, evening, holidays or if the clinician is not in the clinic that day.
- Please check in 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are late, you may have to reschedule if other students are being served.
- Appointment times allow for about 15 minutes with the provider. If you think you may need a longer appointment, please call for our staff to assist you rather than trying to book two appointments.
- Some appointments have a questionnaire for you to complete over the web. You can access this on the VadenPatient portal.
- If you can’t make your appointment, please cancel so the time slot will become available to another student. You can cancel at any time on the VadenPatient portal.
Where to Go
If you have an appointment, check in at the kiosk at the reception desk in the main lobby and you will be directed to your appointment. If you need to make an appointment, our staff will help you.