Vaccinations, Allergy Shots, and Other Medication Injections
The Vaden Immunization, Allergy and Injection Clinic provides routine immunizations, allergy injections, and other injectable medications for eligible Stanford students.
The following routine immunizations are available. If you have Cardinal Care insurance, many preventive immunizations are covered at no additional fee. There is a charge for most other immunizations.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Influenza (seasonal)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Vaden offers safe, continuous care for students receiving allergy injections ordered by their allergy specialist. There is a charge for each allergy clinic appointment.
Before receiving your first injection, we require the following information:
- Allergist’s order, including duration of immunotherapy and the current progression or injection schedule toward maintenance.
- Your specific diagnosis.
- A copy of your allergy extract prescription.
- Allergy extract vial labeled with your name, content, concentration and expiration date.
Plan to wait 30 minutes in the clinic after injection as a precaution due to the possibility of a reaction.
Other Services Offered
- Tuberculosis testing
- Administration of injectable medication as ordered by a clinician
- Special drop-in influenza immunization clinics October–December
- Special immunization and screening clinics at the beginning of the academic year for new students completing their Entrance Medical Requirements