Health Promotion Services
I Thrive @ Stanford
Who may use these services: Stanford students.
The cost of most services are covered without charge for students who have paid the Campus Health Service Fee. Students who have not paid the Campus Health Service Fee will be charged for each service.
Live Healthy, Live Happy
That's the Stanford student credo. I Thrive @ Stanford is about helping
students achieve and enjoy a healthy quality of life on campus.
- A high level of intellectual ability enhanced by the creativity, curiosity and concentration that supports academic success
- Fulfilling relationships
- A strong sense of self
- Living well in a safe, caring, healthy campus community where all students can thrive
Our professional staff offer many wellness opportunities to Stanford students. We see students in individual consultations, engage in academic coursework, and conduct educational workshops and seminars through the following programs:
- Body Image/Nutrition Programs
- Health and Happiness: Emotional Well-Being
- Peer Health Educators
- Happiness + Health Programs
- Sexual Health Peer Resource Center (SHPRC)
- Sexual Health and Relationships
- Sophmore Suite
Get involved! Join a health-related student group or create an individualized wellness project that matches your personal interests.
We offer health coaching and advise students who have specific concerns. We provide one or two appointments that focus on education and referral to other resources, when appropriate. Medical records are not kept. See the individual program pages above for specific information.
Academic Coursework and Internships
Many of our programs offer Stanford students the opportunity to become interns and peer counselors. This may require the completion of specific coursework, for example:
- ATH 196: Happiness
- Education 193A: Peer Counseling all quarters
- PEDS 106/206: The Pursuit of Health and Happiness
- Peds 105 Health Promotion and the Campus Culture spring quarter
Please see the program pages above for details.
Students have developed HumBio internship projects and other departmental internship projects, that focus on student health, working as an intern within a I Thrive program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Educational Workshops & Seminars
We provides speakers, programs and workshops for student residences, community centers and student organizations. Programs are tailored to the needs of the groups. Sample topics include the following:
Image and Eating Concerns
Great Communication Tips
- Dating and Domestic Violence
- Gender Roles and Stereotypes
- Healthy Living and Wellness
- HIV Prevention
- Multicultural Health Issues
- Safer Sex
- Stress Management and Meditation
Contact email@example.com for more information.