Who may use the Vaden Travel Clinic services: Stanford students, faculty, staff, spouses, partners and alumni. Charges include a consultation fee and immunizations that are billed separately. Checks, cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
The Travel Clinic at Vaden Health Center is a comprehensive clinic serving the needs of overseas travelers. Complete evaluations are customized to the patient’s health status and travel plans. The clinic provides advice, immunizations and prescriptions as needed.
Although we try to accommodate all requests for appointments, at times the demand is so great that we refer clients to the Travel Medicine Clinic at Stanford Hospital & Clinics or to outside clinics to ensure that travelers obtain travel advice in a timely fashion.
The Travel Clinic offers the following services:
- Individualized health consultations with a registered nurse specializing in travel health for overseas travel (which includes current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and International Society of Travel Medicine)
- All recommended and required immunizations and International Certificates of Vaccination
- Prescriptions and information for prevention of malaria and other illnesses
- Up-to-date health and travel advisories
- There is a consulation fee for students and for non-students. Immunizations are charged separately.
- Schedule your appointment for a date at least six to eight weeks before departure. Check out our new on-line Travel Preparation Course .
- Bring your immunization record and/or International Certificate of Vaccination (“the yellow card”) with you.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment to complete our travel questionnaire (International Travel Health History form – PDF format) or print it out from our site and bring the completed form with you.
- Up to one hour is scheduled for your appointment. There is a no-show charge for patients who cancel an appointment with less then 24 hours notice or who do not show up for their appointment.
Travel Clinic Staff
Leslie Abrams, NP
Margaret Curry, RN
Nancy Masunaga, RN, MSN,
Julie Richards, NP, CTH™
Suzy Rohlfes, RN