New Students Overview
- On this page:
Congratulations on your admission to Stanford and welcome to Vaden Health Center. We’re here to see that your time at Stanford is both healthy and happy. We look forward to meeting you.
Vaden Open House
Vaden Health Center will host an open house on September 18, 2012 between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. during New Student Orientation. This is an opportunity for you to meet Vaden staff members and learn about all of the services that are offered at Vaden Health Center.
Important Entrance Requirements
New, transfer and international students to Stanford University need to be aware of the following health requirements:
- All students must complete a series of online forms
- All students must provide proof of measles, mumps, and rubella immunizations
- All students must complete tuberculosis screening
Please see entrance requirements for additional information.
If you have questions about a special health care need, call the Vaden Health Center Administrative Office at (650) 725-1364 and speak with a member of our knowledgeable staff. We’re happy to help you.
The following checklist of health-related items can help you prepare for your transition to campus:
- Complete your entrance requirements
- Complete your required immunizations and bring your optional immunizations up to date (tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, and meningococcus)
- Bring a copy of your important medical records to Stanford
- See your doctor to complete any treatments currently in progress
- See your dentist
- Buy basic over-the-counter medications
- Refill your prescriptions
- Put together a first aid kit
- Bring your bike helmet
- Get an extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses and keep a copy of your prescription on hand
Keep your health insurance card in your wallet.
American Health Care
To ensure that international students have adequate health insurance, Stanford requires mandatory enrollment in Cardinal Care, the student health insurance plan.
Stanford University sponsors a Dependent Health Insurance Plan for spouses/domestic partners and children of Stanford students that are enrolled in Cardinal Care, the university sponsored plan for students. More details about the benefits, how to enroll and the cost can be found on this website.